Wednesday 11 December 2013

Point Break Movie 

I felt that the need to write up a blog for this highly entertaining film, as it's special to me and is a feel good film that I always enjoy watching.

Although not my favourite movie of all time (that title belongs to The Shawshank Redemption), it's in my top five and I now have the Blu-ray version and the excellent movie soundtrack in my collection.



So what's so special about Point Break?

I personally think it's the best movie soundtrack of all time and being a lover of rock music, I enjoy the tracks which are very apt for the scenes especially Ratt "Nobody Rides For Free" and Wire Train "I Will Not Fall".

The main characters Patrick Swayze as "Bodhi" the maverick surfer and freedom fighter and Keanu Reeves as "Utah" the maligned FBI agent and quarter back punk play a huge role in the success and popularity, as they are complete opposites who come together and form a superb partnership.

This is certainly a film for adrenaline junkies who enjoy good scenes, excellent car and foot chases with superb camera work, dressing up as ex American presidents to rob banks in order to fund the surfing and skydiving at any given opportunity and is giving one finger to the people who makes the rules and try and kill the human spirit.

The director Kathryn Bigelow has encapsulated a superb film with all the essential ingredients of good acting performances, a good mixture of witty banter and one liners, an excellent selection of music, a feel good movie with the wide and varied selection of high octane scenes and just over two hours of breathtaking end to end twist and turns that leaves you with a very good taste in your mouth.

Why would I want to buy this movie?

Granted, this movie gets a fair amount of air time via the various different film channels, but getting it this in glorious blu-ray is a must, as not only do you get to view it the way it was meant to be watched, but bonuses like deleted scenes and actor comments from all the main people in the film.

I have now enjoyed watching this film about eight times now and I still crave more, as it's a feel good movie and gives you that instant rush especially with the surfing scenes and background music on offer.     

No comments:

Post a Comment